What is a credit insurance?
A credit insurance is an insurance that is taken out to support a company’s credit management, hence the name. It protects companies against non-payment of outstanding invoices. The goal of the credit insurance is to prevent non-payments having a significant negative effect on the liquidity of your company. In other words, to prevent that you will no longer be able to comply with your current payment obligations.
The non-payment of a debtor can be a major expense, particularly in sectors where large orders are placed with modest profit margins. This can pose a great risk for the health of your business. You want to maintain the profitability of your business and avoid having to file for bankruptcy due to non-payment of invoices. Credit insurance covers you against this risk and these unforeseen costs are fully or largely covered by your insurer, depending on the situation and which type of insurance you take out.
Why a credit insurance?
Why would you take out a credit insurance? Usually this is because of one of the following reasons:
- You want to cover the risk of non-payment and conduct business with less uncertainty.
- You wish to conclude a financing agreement and the bank is only willing if you take out a credit insurance.
If a bank invests in you, they wish to have some surety in order to safeguard their investment. This surety is guaranteed by a credit insurance, where part of the risks are removed. That is why a credit insurance must often be taken out before financing is granted.
However, Dutch Credit Brokers advises its clients to keep the financing and the credit insurance separate. By arranging your financing with a different party than the one granting the insurance, you can optimize the financing, as well as the price.
Additional benefits of a credit insurance
A credit insurance not only covers the risk of non-payment, it also offers your company a number of additional benefits. Credit insurance also offers you:
- access to a significant database with (financial) information on your customers;
- the certainty that your outstanding receivables are collected worldwide by the credit insurer and that the debt collection costs are also covered by the insurance.
Types of credit insurance
There are various types of credit insurances. Depending on your wishes and the sectors you operate in, we will determine which type of insurance best suits your company. In general we differentiate between a credit insurance:
- per debtor;
- per transaction;
- depending on turnover;
- per country.
Dutch Credit Brokers feels it is important to find a credit insurance that suits your business operations and not the other way round. Your company must be able to run as it does normally. The conditions of a credit insurance must be to your advantage and cater to your business operations. Only then you will have found the right credit insurance; Dutch Credit Brokers does not settle for less.
Credit insurance expensive?
Many companies are hesitant, because they think a credit insurance is expensive. Nothing could be farther from the truth! The most expensive and most popular insurance (depending on turnover) costs on average between 0.075% and 0.35% of the turnover, depending on the turnover and the damage suffered in the past. When an invoice is not paid, this investment will pay itself back in no time, and the benefits will outweigh the costs. All in all, it is a minor investment that reduces your risk or make it possible for you to receive financing.
Why Dutch Credit Brokers?
When you conclude a credit insurance, you are looking for value for money. You don’t want to pay more than necessary. Actually, you want to spend as little as possible. The ideal situation: A competitively priced credit insurance, but with the best conditions and the highest limits for your company. In short, the best possible deal! And that is exactly what Dutch Credit Brokers knows how to do best (modest as we are).
- are unique as insurance intermediary because we are fully specialized in credit insurances and have all the expertise to provide you a comprehensive service;
- are fully independent, which means we are not linked to insurers and can guarantee the best deals for you;
- operate at a national and international level and are therefore not limited by boundaries and can assist internationally operating (non-Dutch) companies;
- also run a business, which means that we are very approachable, speak the same ‘language’ and assist you as an equal partner;
- are specialized in a great number of sectors, allowing us to exactly be aware of the risks in your sector.
At Dutch Credit Brokers, we go that extra mile for our clients. We provide free full service support for the additional processes involved with a credit insurance. We offer a peace of mind and 24/7 availability. You continue doing what you know best and we’ll take care of the rest! And at no additional cost!
Taking out a credit insurance
Are you interested in taking out a credit insurance that offers the best deal for your company? Please complete the quote credit insurance with as many details as possible, and we will find the best deals for you.